Trip Planning Information
|Seasonal Road Closures||
|GPS Mapping and Navigation||Fire & Emergency links|
|CFA 4WD Club Event Guidelines||Weather Information|
|4WD Victoria Track Access Policy|
|23/08/09Mt.Skene Track access application|
Need help planning a trip ?
Follow these 10 simple steps;
Ten simple steps to preparing and running a trip
1. Select a venue, place, tracks, sights of interest etc...
2. Check access to these areas
Seasonal Road Closures
Check maps and if GPS information is available on the CFA4WD web
3. Plan a date
Check the club calendar
4. Complete the trip advertisement proforma and email it to the secretary
a minimum of 30days prior to the event.
5. Collate all members names who are attending
Trip leader to ensure appropriate forms are completed and carried on the trip
Visitors must complete a visitors form (for our insurance purposes)
6. Check equipment required
Standard Recovery equipment
Club Loan equipment - Toilet, recovery equipment
Snow chains, Chainsaw etc...
7. A day or two prior to the trip, Check Local fire restrictions
Fire Danger Period
Carry a copy of CFA's Brochure on open fires
8. Prior to the trip, Check local weather conditions
9.Complete a trip report
email the completed form to the secretary
If there were any injuries or vehicle damage complete the appropriate form and attach to the the trip report.
Complete a Track Information Form (utilising the track classifications) for any tracks which may be dangerous
or require maintenance work and fax to 4WD Victoria
Please email the secretary with any GPS waypoint or track data, to assist in the next event in this area.
10. Start Planning the next trip.